Additional Fees

I got into this company not by choice when 21st Century got out of the auto insurance business in my state and my existing policy with them was transferred to National General. Renewed and paid in full for next six months.

No claims or other dialogue until I went to cancel the policy mid-term after I had made other insurance arrangements. Sent them and agent Insuramatch a notice of cancellation with an effective date and thought that would be the end of it. However, I received a voicemail the next day saying some "paperwork" needed to be signed. When I called the number I then began a trip into the twilight zone, being passed from person to person, telling my story each time until i realized at one point I was literally going in circles from department to department.

I asked for supervisor and finally had someone who could process my cancellation (no paperwork required). I think they just wanted me to let policy expire or sell me a new one.

To add insult to injury they charged me a $50 dollar cancellation fee even though they had the full six months payment in their hands for four months. Stay away.

Comments