500 W 5th St, Winston Salem, NC 27101

Update by user Apr 15

The cost to repair my driveway is $15,768.01.National General has decided that I should only need $9805.00. How does National General come up with this huge difference?

Well they used Comsearch, located in Rhode Island to determine the cost. Comsearch analysts Marc Hodgdon and Kelli Monterio decided what the cost should be. Only these analysts are 500 miles away and never inspected the damage. In their audit they decided that rather than replace the damaged terra cotta drain pipe I should be satisfied with plastic because they say so.

These analysts also believe that the concrete apron does not need to be re-enforced like the original. They do not think I need proper expansion joints. In short their entire cost report is a joke yet National General agrees with them. No construction company will touch this job at the amount National General considers acceptable.

NG's Claims Customer Service employee Angela Bauza explained that this is the way it is, they really don't care and I can't do anything about it. She did say that I could have the repair done and they will consider the increased cost. Key word here is "consider". These people can not be trusted!

I did find out who caused the claim delay (which Angela Bauza blamed me for). It was their agent Roy Huntley. It appears that Roy Huntley neglected to turn in the pictures and the quote when the initial claim was entered. Now Angela Bauza won't answer my emails.

What else can I tell you? These people are criminal.

If you ever become a victim of National General Insurance get a lawyer first! This was updated on 4/15/2019.

Original review posted by user Apr 03

I was victim of property damage by a client of National General's Auto Policy. Five months later National has not yet paid the claim.

They continue to give lame excuses and broken promises. They will make all sorts of excuses that are bold faced lies. I've received two letters from them claiming that they haven't received pictures and quotes, all of which were delivered months ago.

Each department blames another for delays. I think it's time for me to hire a lawyer and sue these criminals.

Product or Service Mentioned: National General Insurance Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Pay the claim.

National General Insurance Cons: Bad customer service claims department.

• Horrible Claims Department